FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » in code comments - doxygen
Re: in code comments - doxygen [message #7951 is a reply to message #6642] Thu, 01 February 2007 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
I've been using Doxygen for my own projects, and once you work with it since the very start, it does produce at least average documentation. In case you really pay time and attention, there's no problem to get on good level. (In my eyes most of SW documentations out there are either utter bad, bad or average, so suggesting "good" level is something like admiration)
While Topic++ allows for excellent documentation if enough time and attention is used, I sort of dislike splitting the documentation from the actual code itself.

For high level documentation of course there's no real code, and it starts to be cumbersome to hold this one directly in sources (for Doxygen), and trying out really high abstraction docs was too complex for me. (while I believe that exactly the area where Topic++ can shine)

But when we get back down to commenting the code on low level, I think Doxygen is pretty much ultimate tool.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: A Newbie Manual cum Tutorial?
Next Topic: Ultimate++ Website Logo Text
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 10:15:36 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01834 seconds