FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » What would give a great push to Upp
Re: What would give a great push to Upp [message #19520 is a reply to message #19516] Wed, 10 December 2008 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
sergeynikitin is currently offline  sergeynikitin
Contributor

Quote:

Since U++ is greatly focusing on less time and code needed to implement a project, I feel like sharing a few thoughts.

Here is a short list of what the majority of people like me are looking for (in no particular order):

1) Good looking apps
2) Data Visualization controls for Quick and easy data handling in forms, grids, reports.
Things like, sort, filter, search, column moving, grouping, report design etc. etc.
3) Ability to use external libraries (like DLLs) for special stuff, e.g. encryption
4) re-usable forms, windows, controls
5) Exporting/Printing to various types Excel, PDF etc.
6) Auto resizing & docking of controls and windows.
7) Transactions support
Cool SQL SQL SQL
9) Stored procedures support
10) Easy string, date, manipulation
11) Easy filesystem handling
12) Easy networking stuff (ftp, smtp, http) etc.
13) XML support
14) Auto complete
etc. etc.

I strongly believe that this would greatly improve U++ popularity even though it uses the scary for many C++.

It just seems to me that U++ is closer than anything I have seen until now to generic & still time effective philosophy, I feel that U++ has the potential to stand next to anything like .Net, Powerbuilder and the likes as long as it provides the "Widgets for Dummies" or "The tools for non-geeks" if you prefer.
Either we like it or not, many people out there are VS addicts and you just can't make them get rid of some of their habits.
For example, "double-click" a control and code an event.

And last but not least, all these don't have to be FREE, actually there are many GPLed projects out there that offer additional modules or functionality for a price.

I also thought a similar manner, but over time I began to understand how to develop leaders U + + are doing.

First, I sorrow for the absence of an abundance of modules and plugins 3D-Party developers.

But then even accustomed to the fact that you can simply open the source code for all modules and learn how to operate different things.

And this was much more valuable.

SergeyNikitin<U++>( linux, wine )
{
    under( Ubuntu || Debian || Raspbian );
}

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Open Question: How did you learn C++?
Next Topic: Cool!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 08:12:06 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02865 seconds