Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » HTTPS?
Re: HTTPS? [message #22962 is a reply to message #22942] Wed, 02 September 2009 23:18 Go to previous message
rylek is currently offline  rylek
Hello!

So far I've always downloaded the OpenSSL source package from www.openssl.org and used it to build the libraries. Remember that normally it's easier to link the SSL libraries statically to the final application because then you don't have to worry about search paths or different versions of the (very frequently used) SSL libraries; in such case you would need no dll's at all, only the lib's. However, all three versions (DLL version, single-threaded and multi-threaded statically linked version) can be built using some options of the OpenSSL build script. Remember that in order to build OpenSSL you need three main things:

1) working installation of a compiler, I built it under MSC but MinGW should be fine

2) an assembler installed (MASM or NASM)

3) the Perl interpreter; this can be downloaded and installed separately, certain software packages install it automatically (like the Oracle server).

After you manage to make the build scripts produce the "libeay32.lib" and "ssleay32.lib" in the out32 / out32dll / out32mt output directories, to complete OpenSSL "installation" under U++ it should be sufficient to add the include path (<openssl installation directory>/include) and the library path (out32 or variants) to the respective path lists in your desired build method definition.

If you fail to complete the above described process, please write how far you managed to get and I'll try to describe the relevant step in greater detail.

Regards

Tomas

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message