FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » First impressions
Re: First impressions [message #8021 is a reply to message #8010] Mon, 05 February 2007 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
filipg is currently offline  filipg
Thank you. Another thing that would help sway new users (like me) would be a comparison/table of particular strengths of upp vs wx and qt (and maybe fox).

I understand that choosing the criteria is tricky but from my limited inspection of upp I would say that the documentation for upp is much clearer than wx in the high-level sense. That is, I "grasped" upp in 1/100th the time it took me to "get" wx. I don't know about qt or fox but *would like* to know - it would help a stranger determine whether their project/application matches a certain toolset's strengths.

Another strength of upp over wx is the ide... I'm using netbeats 5.5 (with C/C++ module) with wx - it has nothing of its own. That makes the documentation a pain (thanks for the F1 tip!). Often, I have to have another console open with the PDF file (10MB) for wx and it's a real pain (i.e., can't set bookmarks, etc.)

Cheers,
Fil

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: the long view (whats the roadmap for UPP?)
Next Topic: crush of the program
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 11:13:33 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02083 seconds