Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ MT-multithreading and servers » Simulation in its own thread.
Simulation in its own thread. [message #8016] Sun, 04 February 2007 13:31 Go to previous message
yeus is currently offline  yeus
Promising Member
Ok I'll explain what I want to do first:

I wrote a Simulation which - right now - is running as console application. The Simulation is very efficient, so i dont want to use any Upp related stuff in it.
Now I want a GUI to show the process of the simulation (its a fluid simulation). For the simulation to stay efficient I want to run it in its own thread (of course I also want the User to be able to use the GUI while the simulation is running).

I had a look a the MTGui Example, but my problem with this approach is, that I just have too much data, to send copies forth and back between GUI and Simulation thread.

So I do need shared memory, But How do i do that? Are there any-"mutex-like" classes in Upp? I saw something like "Criticalsection", but can not figure out how to use it.

greetings Tom.

(Any help would be appreciated, i'll give the program to the community after its done ^^) Smile

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: SSLSocket VerifyPeer -> how to set trusted CAs?
Next Topic: MT & File Access
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 15:23:41 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03364 seconds