Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » Upp 2007.1rc2 released
Re: Upp 2007.1rc2 released [message #8348 is a reply to message #8315] Sat, 03 March 2007 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
mr_ped wrote on Fri, 02 March 2007 01:53

So far I have no idea what else may be broken, but I did notice another funny thing:
When I hover over file name (AddressBook.cpp for example), I get tooltip with full name after short time. Now when I switch to other window or other desktop, the tooptip stays there and is functional (clicking on it opens the file in editor).

@Mirek:

I was debugging TheIDE a bit to both try the debugger again (it's still far away from anything what I would like to use for debugging).
Than again there are many external debugger in linux, so I will try one of them, I hope they will be advanced enough and there will be than no point to invest time into better internal debugger.

... and to figure out how to get rid of those tooltips.
I figured out this:
void Ctrl::EventProc(XWindow& w, XEvent *event)
- there's the "case FocusOut:" which gets called when desktops are switched, but this one does not propagate down into ColumnList control, and I don't think extending this is anything I would want to do Very Happy. Nor I do like such idea.

Than there's the mouse leave events which make the tooltip to disappear, as far as I can tell from the debugging session there are two ways how to get the mouse leave event. One is regular X-window event, second one is from some artificial timer event checking mouse coordinates. (I think it's your's timer to fix up some lost mouse move events?)
This timer event still calculates the mouse position over the tooltip even if I'm on different desktop, so it does disappear when I move the mouse away.
This gives me idea for a way of fix which IMHO will be more robust, is there some easy way to check number of desktop during that check? And if the desktops are different, than use some illegal mouse coordinates to make sure it's evaluated as "outside of window"?
Just my $0.02. Smile

BTW:
uh, tried gcc --version (I wrote 4.1.1 according to version of package) and I got:
gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20060928 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.1.1-13ubuntu5)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message