FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Look and Chameleon Technology » Styles and Widgets
Styles and Widgets [message #8495] Wed, 14 March 2007 12:15 Go to previous message
WebChaot is currently offline  WebChaot
Hi all!

I made some new components and changes in a previous version (610 dev 1). This week my collegue downloaded the last release (2007) and I saw, that some changes are done on chameleon technology.

1. I have to paint some widgets by code. Is there any example, how to do this in the new way (Style().Write() ??)? I'm very interested in an easy way to use the standard upp widgets and only draw them myself. Especially combined widgets (for example a dropdown-box, where I have the box AND the dropdown-button - or a listbox, where I also have to draw the scrollbar).

I dont want to reinvent the wheel and make all widgets new with a specific paint-method. I want to use the standard widgets and style them in an easy way.

2. I didn't look in deep of new release. But what I missed in older version is a style for StatusBar and something for "CoolBar" (the docking panel where windows toolbars are placed). I know, there is still no CoolBar and no Docking ability in upp for now. But maybe the style could be included and for example be assigned on a dummy StaticRect or something else.

3. I put also my third question here, but its not really a chameleon topic: I want create widgets at runtime. Creation is not the problem (I think) - but how to iterate over all widgets of a window for example? How to detect its class? Is that possible? The reason is simple: I have to collect input data of all edit fields - but because they are created by code I need a solution to iterate over all fields on a window.

Finally I have a question about HTTP and HTTPS - but this one I append on the right thread ...

PS: We are using upp now for some month - and we are still satisfied. We are able to do all the stuff we need - great work!

Thanks in advance,

WebChaot.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message