FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Releasing U++ » GCC.bm problems
Re: GCC.bm problems [message #8749 is a reply to message #8743] Wed, 28 March 2007 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
ebojd wrote on Wed, 28 March 2007 15:02

Do we have a collection of what each of the variables are to be set for each of the platforms and compiler configurations? My comment regarding generating it as part of the compile/install phase in the Makefile is only valid for platforms which use the Makefile to do the initial build. If you give me a list of different configurations and settings I can probably get the Makefile to build it (either that or write a u++ app which queries the OS and configuration and builds one -- which would allow it to be regenerated on the fly with the one installed GCC.bm being the system default).

EBo --

Well, I am simply not sure this is worth the effort. Having existing .bm, variations are minimal and usually you can have it fixed in minutes. I think it will change two or three times on each distribution max. Fixing Makefile generator to generate .bm would be take days. Fixing generated Makefiles would not solve a problem, as you would have to fix Makefile more often then to fix .bm.

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: list of uppsrc to be release