Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Unix compilation fails
Unix compilation fails [message #719] Fri, 27 January 2006 16:47 Go to previous message
hojtsy is currently offline  hojtsy
Experienced Member
I am trying to use TheIde on Unix. The host system is somewhat old, and I only have write access to my home directory. The precompiled ide was unable to start because multiple shared libraries were missing or old. I started compilation with the provided Makefile, after modifying the two variables at the beginning of it. Compilation seemed to be OK, several packages were built successfully, but suddenly I got this compiler error:
c++ -c -O2 -ffunction-sections  -x c++  -I/home/hojtsy/upp/uppsrc/ -DflagGUI -DflagGCC -DflagSHARED -DflagLINUX  /home/hojtsy/upp/uppsrc/Draw/DrawWin32.cpp -o /home/hojtsy/upp/out/Draw/GCC32-Gcc-Gui-Linux-Shared/DrawWin32.o
c++ -c -O2 -ffunction-sections  -x c++  -I/home/hojtsy/upp/uppsrc/ -DflagGUI -DflagGCC -DflagSHARED -DflagLINUX  /home/hojtsy/upp/uppsrc/Draw/DrawX11.cpp -o /home/hojtsy/upp/out/Draw/GCC32-Gcc-Gui-Linux-Shared/DrawX11.o
/home/hojtsy/upp/uppsrc/Draw/DrawX11.cpp: In function `void SetClip(_XGC*, XftDraw*, const Vector<Rect>&)':
/home/hojtsy/upp/uppsrc/Draw/DrawX11.cpp:261: error: `XftDrawSetClipRectangles' undeclared (first use this function)
/home/hojtsy/upp/uppsrc/Draw/DrawX11.cpp:261: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [/home/hojtsy/upp/out/Draw/GCC32-Gcc-Gui-Linux-Shared/DrawX11.o] Error 1

I don't know how to proceed. How should I fix this? Is it possible to install the libraries needed for u++ only by writing to my home directory?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Command-line Compilation
Next Topic: How BLITZ works?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 08:29:06 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03122 seconds