Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Mac OS » Porting (Mac OS X) and "reference application" idea
Re: Porting (Mac OS X) and "reference application" idea [message #23631 is a reply to message #23628] Sat, 07 November 2009 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
andrei_natanael is currently offline  andrei_natanael
Experienced Member
koldo wrote on Sat, 07 November 2009 14:44

Hello all

I do not know about Mac programming, but this sound strange to me:
Quote:

So I was also thinking to do some Mac Programming. But as I realized that the native language is there Objective-C. I was wondering how to port then something in U++ ?

So just searching a little bit I have found that in Mac it is used Xcode Tools (http://developer.apple.com/tools/), previously named Apple DevTools, including Mac versions of gcc, gdb and make, here http://developer.apple.com/tools/gcc_overview.html

Best regards
Koldo

Hi Koldo, i'm not a Mac programmer but recently i've looked over programming topics for mac on internet (especially apple site). There was possible to write GUI in C/C++ for MacOS using Carbon library but Apple dropped it and new library Cocoa is only Objective-C. It may sound strange but Objective-C is really used to do programs for macs Smile

I know you can mix C/C++ with Objective-C/C++ and up to some point Objective-C is pure C, then the differences comes. We have to use Objective-C mixed with C/C++ to create an interface which could get used by upp CtrlCore. Btw, we may get some inspiration by looking at Qt code Rolling Eyes .

This year(2009-2010) i will be a graduated student, Bachelor of Mathematics-Computer Science (i hope i wrote this correct) and my thesis is about cross-platform GUI and i'm writing a Chameleon like library for Windows, Linux(KDE or Gnome or both) so if i'm not failing at doing that than i will try to port it to macos too after exams and if it's good enough maybe upp will adopt it Smile

P.S.: your last link should point to http://developer.apple.com/tools/gcc_overview.html (without dot at the end of the link)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon6.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: possibly working theide on Mac OS X using tiny mods to UNIX dist
Next Topic: Mac OS X backend development process
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 06:04:18 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04669 seconds