Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » How to display html-files
Re: How to display html-files [message #15814 is a reply to message #15813] Thu, 08 May 2008 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

mrjt wrote on Thu, 08 May 2008 04:35

luzr wrote on Wed, 07 May 2008 20:34

webkit.org

It looks like a lot of work, I believe you would have to port most/all of these files to Upp. Then there is the issue of maintaining it with current WebKit version. The Qt version is based on a 6 month old fork for instance and they have considerable resources.

Gecko may actually be easier to create a loose/lightweight wrapper for (if you can get your head around their XPCOM interface) as I believe the rendering is done internally, especially if you can keep most of the source precompiled into a .lib/.dll.

It's quite possible I'm entirely wrong about this though - I'm certainly not an expert - but I thought I'd share what I knew.

Qt guys already have synced the newest webkit which will be available in qt 4.5. I think webkit is better as it seems to be more lightweight and developed much quicker than gecko. Probably cost of first port is quite big, but cost of maintaing it should be a way smaller. Anyway if I had free time I would port it Smile Unfotunately there are many things in a queue to be done first (new version of gridctrl, documentation for it, I have some ideas for quicktabs, then I would like to port them to our 2 docking systems (I guess it's time to choose one), I'd like to also fix code assist and file window font height problem, create upp demo application and so on Smile )

[Updated on: Thu, 08 May 2008 12:27]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Additon to SliderCtrl: Jump
Next Topic: How to make Label/StaticText label word wrapped?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 08 01:17:32 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02422 seconds