Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » Interested, but do I have to use TheIDE ?
Interested, but do I have to use TheIDE ? [message #9799] Thu, 31 May 2007 00:05 Go to previous message
ivec is currently offline  ivec
Hi,
I have been evaluating GUI frameworks lately, and I have to say that UPP has captured my attention (relatively modern use of C++ etc).
On the negative front, I have to say that I'd prefer avoiding unnecessary idiosyncrasies: use standard C++ library, STL containers, and boost whenever possible; consider HTML rather than home-made QTF(right?), etc.

I have one main problem: I am very much impressed by TheIDE (debugger integration, etc - top-class!), but I don't see myself getting to use it.
Things I missed (maybe I didn't know where to look) are browsing tools like "go to definition" of a name, and many other navigation/debugging features available in Visual Studio (2005+).
[ Another key thing: I have started to use vim-style editing in Visual studio -- yes, I'm a recent convert, see http://blog.ngedit.com/2005/06/03/the-vi-input-model/ ].

My question is:
- How easy is it to use upp libraries from Visual Studio ?

I realize I may have to switch to TheIDE for resource editing etc, but would I be able to compile, run, and debug the code from Visual Studio ?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: analizing a crash file
Next Topic: A few new user questions and comments
Goto Forum: