Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » ArrayCtrl, HeaderCtrl & GridCtrl » Ctrls<>() Callback / Disable some rows
Ctrls<>() Callback / Disable some rows [message #9991] Tue, 12 June 2007 22:31 Go to previous message
kcabobert is currently offline  kcabobert
I have two issues... but don't want two threads (I'm lazy...).

First, let me setup the problem:

1) I have an ArrayCtrl which I populate dynamically (I read the values from a database based on search criteria entered elsewhere).

2) My ArrayCtrl has an Index column (via AddIndex("primary_key","id")), a column of options (via AddColumn("use","Use").Ctrls<Option>()), and a name column (via AddColumn("name","Name")).

3.a) I need to SOMETIMES assign a callback to the option column that will uncheck all other options (like a radio ctrl), other times multiple selections are OK. I can do this if I can reliably figure out in which row the option that triggered the callback resides (I need people to be able to select via mouse or keyboard).

3.b) In some cases I may want one option completely disabled (in other words one row disabled). However, I still need the row to list. In these cases removing the option ctrl is acceptable.

I have found two threads which appear to have similar needs / problems:
http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=602
http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=605

I am not so clear on what exactly the GridCtrl does... but I gather that it may allow me to accomplish this? As a note, I think I would prefer to leave this as an ArrayCtrl.

I have used the WhenCtrlsAction callback on the ArrayCtrl, but can not reliably decided which row tripped the callback.

Thanks for your help / thoughts,
Robert

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message