Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » A few new user questions and comments
Re: A few new user questions and comments [message #10127 is a reply to message #10114] Thu, 21 June 2007 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
arturbac is currently offline  arturbac

luzr wrote on Thu, 21 June 2007 05:35

Alternatively, you can use TheIDE as "make" (in commandline mode). (BTW, this is not too much different with e.g. Qt - you also have to use a couple of trolltech utilities to build Qt programs. Just U++ has the GUI with it too...)
Mirek

Right on windows we can , but if We want to build with comandline theide app on bsd server We will have to downlaod and build X,gtk,glib and many other libs that we dont use on serwers.

Thats why there are no Qt apps for text terminals without X.
Qt in ver 3 lacks of split core and gui part. As i remember they planed this for Qt4.

U++ has very good split of them (gui and core) but building on text terminal without X with commandline theide is imposible.

The only way is creating custom makefile with AutoTools or similar projects. But still to build commandline app we will have to download entire source even for theide.
I think thise will stop users a bit of making apps for Linux/BSD with Upp and make Upp less popular.
Just imagine downloading entiresource of kde, kdedevelop , kdesdk and other things to build just kdebse with kdelibs.

PS. Im not complaining .. but i would like that U++ will be Top trendy and the best toolkit in the future Smile

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Interested, but do I have to use TheIDE ?
Next Topic: Ultimate++ and SSH/SFTP ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 21:00:12 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02706 seconds