Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » shared libraries for debug, static for release ?
shared libraries for debug, static for release ? [message #10216] Mon, 25 June 2007 22:51 Go to previous message
pvozenilek is currently offline  pvozenilek
Promising Member
(This is question from a newbie who still struggles (a lot) to understand how TheIDE works.)

I have a large non-UPP project and try to use TheIDE instead of wxDevC++ (WinXP & Linux, MSVC 7.1 & MingW 4.1.2).

My wish is to build selected packages(?) as shared libraries in debug mode and as static libraries in release mode. This would allow fast compilation and especially linking during the development (I use all the other tricks to reduce these times already and know about the upp linker) and the release application would be single executable.

Is something like this possible within TheIDE so that switching between debug and release modes would automatically do the right thing?

As an aside: Digital Mars C++ compiler is the fastest I know about - it may not compile templates in Core but perhaps it could it be supported as yet another compiler set for non-UPP applications. This would, for me, allow to shrink write-compile-test cycle enough to eliminate a need for embedded scripting language.

/Pavel

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Mixing C and C++ files (windows with MinGW compiler)
Next Topic: Linking with usb library
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 06:13:04 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02655 seconds