Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » What improvements for Upp on Linux to comply with freedesktop?
Re: What improvements for Upp on Linux to comply with freedesktop? [message #10831 is a reply to message #10780] Wed, 01 August 2007 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Just a note about version...

As long as config is managed using Serialize(Stream&), I usually tend to version this Serialize, which means it is usually upward compatible.

In the same time, there are compatibility checks in the code, which means wrong config file is refused.

So far, I little cared about this in my Win32 applications, using single config file place for years (literally - some of .cfg files in IDIS were indeed created first in 1999 Smile. Sometimes configuration is lost when uploading a new version of software, but I guess this is something that is to be expected anyway.

If I understand issues well, I see the advantage of $VERSION only if you consider downgrading software, or perhaps running several versions at once, correct?

(Note: This is just a description of things as they are, not an argument against $VERSION).

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: What libraries would be needed/recommended for multimedia in U++?
Next Topic: Anybody knows how to get number of CPU cores?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 04:39:45 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01775 seconds