Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Libraries and TheIDE: i18n, Unicode and Internationalization » some non-english characters don't display
icon9.gif  Re: some non-english characters don't display [message #4387 is a reply to message #932] Fri, 04 August 2006 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Raygun is currently offline  Raygun
Umm.. guys..
Please help a newcomer Sad

I'm trying to write my labels in Russian, but to no avail.
In .lay-designer everything seems just fine, since I've reinstalled everything and set codepage to Win-1251 since the very start. Yes, I've tried to simply change the codepage before, but my problem remained, hence -> the reinstallation.

Okay, I can type in Russian and see the text on my controls, fine. But as soon as I start my app, the text is in gibberish, that is European chars from the second part of (8-bit ) ASCII table are used.

It looks like my application is using a wrong (i.e. w/o Cyrillic chars) font. You see, when I create a form in MS Visual Studio (2003), the font selection dialog looks like this -
http://img211.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fontselcrwd2.png

As you can see, it allows you to select encoding for your font, which is great. The IDE's font selection panel doesn't offer this.

Could someone please explain, how to use Cyrillic characters on controls?

P.S. I'm on WinXP SP1, English, but Russian fonts/keyboard layout are installed, no problem with that whatsoever, Russian filenames are ok, everything works.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon9.gif
Read Message
Read Message icon9.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon10.gif
Previous Topic: Code that needs to be internationalized
Next Topic: How to display several languages without translation files?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 18:54:15 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02374 seconds