Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » U++ users applications in progress and useful code snippets, including reference examples! » Porting a Delphi Application
Porting a Delphi Application [message #11475] Sat, 15 September 2007 03:40 Go to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
Hi,

I have a Delphi application that I have been (very slowly) developing for quite some time now and for a while I have been thinking about porting the code to some C++ GUI library.

I don't like C++Builders proprietary extensions to C++, GTK is too C-ish (gobject) and can sometimes be very slow on Windows (the GUI), and Qt is one precompiled mess. I researched some other GUI toolkit's too, and I think U++ would be the best for me (even though it's too nonconformist).

So I will try to do the port, at first as a test, and if it works out I will continue add future developments to the U++ version. If it doesn't work, nobody will ever know Smile.

I've gotten quite a good idea of the U++ API, but I can't seem to find and equivalent to Windows MDI Application style windows (TopWindows inserted into TopWindows, with tiling, cascading, ... support). Is MDI supported by U++ or do I have to convert my application to a SDI interface?

Thank you

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How to write a dll using Ultimate++?
Next Topic: embedded configuration data/values in self for a executable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 00:26:02 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04307 seconds