Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Problems with debugging in TheIDE (mingw)
Problems with debugging in TheIDE (mingw) [message #11581] Tue, 18 September 2007 05:13 Go to previous message
nixnixnix is currently offline  nixnixnix
Hi,

Update:

ntdll!LdrDisableThreadCalloutsForDll() from C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll

is all I get in the calllstack drop down when I try to debug my project.

Original....

I've often noticed problems with debugging in theIDE with mingw (don't know how to setup MSC8 - got VC express installed but it wont build - anyway would rather use mingw).

I used to find that as I debugged, things would gradually deteriorate until I had to restart theIDE (if it didn't ask to be shutdown by windows) but I can live with that.

Just now I'm finding that I can run my app fine in debug mode but as soon as I add a breakpoint it wont start. It seems to start debugging win32proc or ..\system32\ntdll.dll or something similar. Nothing to do with my code or even UPP by the look of it. Anyone else get this?

Restarting or even reinstalling UPP doesn't make any difference. Also I tried restarting windows with no joy. Next I tried putting a breakpoint on my very first line of code and I never reach it. I'm stumped! - looks like I will have to debug without breakpoints from now on... very puzzling.

The first line of this function from CtrlDraw.cpp appears to be implicated in some way

void Ctrl::Refresh() {
	if(fullrefresh || !IsVisible() || !IsOpen()) return;
	LLOG("Refresh " << Name() << " full:" << fullrefresh);
	Refresh(Rect(GetSize()).Inflated(OverPaint()));
	fullrefresh = true;
}

I tried moving TheIDE to my second monitor but still it still gets stuck.

Nick

Update:
Ok so now I tried it on another PC with my old patched version of 708dev1 and the debugger doesn't work there either so it looks like it is my code. Surely though the whole point of a debugger is that your code should not be able to break the debugger. Also, my code appears to break the debugger before it has even executed a line.

[Updated on: Tue, 18 September 2007 16:24]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Getting "heap leaks detected!" error messages on program exit. How to debug it?
Next Topic: linking difficulties under msvc
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 13:11:01 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05984 seconds