Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Problems with debugging in TheIDE (mingw)
Re: Problems with debugging in TheIDE (mingw) [message #12196 is a reply to message #12044] Wed, 17 October 2007 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
nixnixnix is currently offline  nixnixnix
Thanks.

I checked my settings and they are the same as yours for MSC8 although for some reason I can't build MSC8 in any case it says things are missing (windows.h and windef.h)

Back to mingw, its not so much that it doesnt debug as that I can't set breakpoints or step through without the debugger stopping in code that isnt mine (like Ctrl.cpp or GridCtrl.cpp) and then when I tell it to continue, the main window never appears.

Trying it now, I set a breakpoint somewhere in my code (anywhere) and hit F5, the initial pause is in a function call Upp::Callback::Callback()

and the rest of the call stack looks like this (going up the way)

Upp::callback1<UPP::GridCtrl,Upp::GridCtrl,int,int>()

Upp::GridCtrl::FindOptsBar(this=0x7c96e0f8,bar=0xffffffff) at C;/upp/uppsrc/GridCtrl/GridCtrl.cpp:405

strchr() from C:/WINDOWS/system32/ntdll.dll

ntdll!RtlpNtMakeTemporaryKey() from C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll

i.e. non of this is code that I want to debug. When I press F5 again nothing happens. No window appears. Eventually I have to stop debugging.

Any ideas welcome Smile

Nick

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Getting "heap leaks detected!" error messages on program exit. How to debug it?
Next Topic: linking difficulties under msvc
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 15:37:06 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02750 seconds