Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Problems with debugging in TheIDE (mingw)
Re: Problems with debugging in TheIDE (mingw) [message #12197 is a reply to message #11581] Wed, 17 October 2007 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
tvanriper is currently offline  tvanriper
Not sure what to say. I have been able to successfully debug in MINGW (I did this very recently, in fact, when creating a simple little application for some gamers). I don't think I'm doing anything particularly odd. I did notice a bit of a delay before the debugging starts (the debugging didn't seem quite as 'clean' as with MSC8), but it did work for me.

Are you using 2007.1, or one of the dev releases? I've been using 2007.1, although I think the dev releases are generally recommended. Still, maybe there's a difference there, between us.

As for using MSC8 and not finding windows.h, are you certain you have the include folders set properly? For that matter, are you certain you have the platform SDK installed? It isn't installed with Express.

Are you certain you're compiling for debug, using debug switches and such, and not compiling for release? I think I asked this before, but I don't see an answer.

How is MINGW installed for you? Did you do something peculiar while installing it, or just use the MINGW installer (as I did)?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Getting "heap leaks detected!" error messages on program exit. How to debug it?
Next Topic: linking difficulties under msvc
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 05:43:35 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03033 seconds