Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Problems with debugging in TheIDE (mingw)
Re: Problems with debugging in TheIDE (mingw) [message #12433 is a reply to message #11581] Tue, 30 October 2007 13:33 Go to previous message
Atlas is currently offline  Atlas
Hello everybody,

I also have the debug problem with 2007.1 release using MINGW. I have double check all my setting and I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong.
I’m able to set a breakpoint but nothing is happen when running in debugger and I’m not able to stop the code at a certain breakpoint. Is this behavior normal? Is there a manual that explain what steps you have to perform in order to make the IDE to work correctly?
Please excuse my ignorance but in my opinion someone new trying U++ will not waste time to configure something by guessing.
I known you guys put a lot of work in this great project but in my opinion you have to come much closer to the user, and to provide some documentation, this way you will avoid a lot of inutile questions that arrive on forum. Also please note that not everybody is an expert in OOP.
What I see now missing is an installation guide and a more detailed description for main objects that you provide (like TopWindow) and how these objects interact between them.

Thanks,
Atlas

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Getting "heap leaks detected!" error messages on program exit. How to debug it?
Next Topic: linking difficulties under msvc
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 08:29:55 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01591 seconds