FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Releasing U++ » U++ as .lib
Re: U++ as .lib [message #11730 is a reply to message #11728] Sun, 23 September 2007 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
sergei is currently offline  sergei
luzr wrote on Sun, 23 September 2007 22:21

Yes! Using makefiles?

I guess the real problem is that there are so many options and no really good solutions Smile

Mirek

AFAIK makefiles are compiler/system dependent. There is such a thing as bakefiles, but I've never used them (actually I did, when I tried to build VCF, but it didn't work Razz ).

Many options - yes. Good solution? Well, IMHO what I've posted in the other thread is fine. You just have a folder (UppLib), tell the user to use whatever compiler he wants, just add all files in the folder to a static lib project and build. Problem would appear only if the user has a compiler but doesn't have an IDE. But then, use TheIDE Laughing

This solution is flexible - a premade makefile would probably include a preset set of packages, or would be tricky to code to enable options. But with a folder of source, user could modify pkggen.txt, select whatever packages he wants, use the required flags with pkggen.exe and get a folder of sources HE WANTS. I might be reinventing the bakefiles/makefiles wheel, but this works.

I understand that you really want libs, but I wouldn't discard SCU for debug. It proved to be extremely useful when I was modifying U++ source (those tiny bugfixes). TheIDE debugger didn't work as expected, but with MSVC + SCU I was able to fix something and test it within half a minute. Guess I'm in the minority (people who modify U++ would prefer TheIDE), but still... It could be marked "for advanced users" Razz

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message