FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Look and Chameleon Technology » Office Ribbon skin
Re: Any function to draw gradient color? [message #11752 is a reply to message #11749] Mon, 24 September 2007 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
[quote title=piratalp wrote on Mon, 24 September 2007 15:19][quote title=luzr wrote on Mon, 24 September 2007 14:29]
Maybe you could also try some 3rd party theme / visuals...
Quote:

I don't understand, what themes do you want me to try?

uxtheme.dll patch and e.g. try MacOSX theme for XP and investigate what happens to Office toolbars.. Smile

Quote:

Yes, you're not getting the whole picture, I know I can put anything into chameleon values to ChPaint widgets, and I'm really doing that, but using static images is not my way, I could just capture some screens, cut buttons, progress & scroll bars & so on and create a ctrl.iml but I don't like that, why? because they are STATIC, and they consume memory & executable space

Actually, I was rather thinking about generating the images by chameleon code. Resizing images is quite fast, maybe faster than e.g. generating gradients. BTW, in both WinXP and GTK chameleon code, this is quite used option, because very often the theming engine does not contain things we need - e.g. scrollbar buttons without arrows (so that you can put something else into them).

In those cases, we are using various heurestics applied on images to get reasonable results...

Quote:

So, why I was needing 8 values per widget? 4 values for the 4 states (Normal, Highlight, Pressed and Disabled) and 4 values for text colors of those 4 states, hope this is clear now, but..

Well, not really. It is still 4 Values for me... Smile

But perhaps we are speaking about the same thing...

Quote:

the problem I found is that using this way the palette was storing actual "Values" passed to ChPaint, and that's WRONG, why? because if I store Values for ribbon skin use in it those values

Please, in order to make my stupid aging mind understand, what type you wanted to store into Value in this "WRONG" 4x4 attempt?

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: progress bar not chameleonized
Next Topic: How can I change the background color of my Upp app?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 05:33:08 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06292 seconds