Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » Applications created with U++ » An administrative console Part III...
Re: An administrative console Part III... [message #12029 is a reply to message #12027] Mon, 08 October 2007 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
tvanriper is currently offline  tvanriper
I specifically switched from the ArrayCtrl to the GridCtrl so I could take advantage of the automatic sorting (click on the header bits, and it sorts for you). Very nice work. I love how you can use Values in the rows to provide for automatic sorting... I didn't have to do anything special beyond creating a custom sort for the status column of the Meeting tab. The Status column actually holds a custom Value that sorts. Not hard to do, once you figure it out.

I haven't figured out how to reskin the GridCtrl to fulfill my needs; I want to skin this so it uses either a dark color or a custom graphic for the plain white text that fills the empty area, modify the graphics used for the headers (to make them darker), and possibly change the default colors of the individual rows to something darker while maintaining light-colored text.

But, that's down the road.

Right now, even as I type, I'm adding a custom control to use one of our COM objects that provides streaming video to a control. I think that's going to be fairly entertaining *crosses fingers*.

The RTX logo you see at the bottom-left corner of the System tab is a custom control, derived from Button, that displays an image spread across the entire control. Click on it, and it takes you to our web page.

The graphic in the background of the System tab is the same kind of control, but is set to refresh the screen ... this has the effect of causing the tab's information to get updated whenever you click anywhere on it (except for the other buttons).

I'm extremely happy with how this project turned out. I'm hopeful that I can revise some of our other projects written in VB, to use Ultimate++ instead, but time only permits so many changes.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: An administrative console Part II...
Next Topic: World Suite 3D
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 22:46:01 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02380 seconds