Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » Having my HWND and eating it, too...
Re: Having my HWND and eating it, too... [message #12098 is a reply to message #12095] Wed, 10 October 2007 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
tvanriper is currently offline  tvanriper
I'm not attempting to do this from within the constructor.

Let me see if I can describe the sequence of events...

1. Application starts.

2. Main window comes up. This one holds all the other windows for the entire application. By 'comes up', I mean that the user is able to see it, play with the knobs, fiddle with the switches, and perhaps give us some money in appreciation.

3. User logs in.

4. Some information flows from the other side of the network to this application, bearing some initialization information for my third-party control.

5. At this point, I want to get an HWND to a window within the main window (a control, if you will) to feed to my third-party functions.

Problem is, when I call GetHWND() on my control, I get '0', because I don't seem to actually have an HWND in my control. I can't give it the HWND for the main application window, because then my third-party function will write over the entire application, rather than the small area I want it to have.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon3.gif
Read Message
Previous Topic: Toolbar clears after ESC key [solved, it`s the bug in user code]
Next Topic: label text not wrapped
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 04:45:35 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01572 seconds