Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » Having my HWND and eating it, too...
Re: Having my HWND and eating it, too... [message #12100 is a reply to message #12095] Wed, 10 October 2007 22:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
tvanriper is currently offline  tvanriper
I see a hint towards a solution, but I'm not there yet.

If you create a simple application with a WithDropChoice-type control, and set a breakpoint at Ctrl::Create (within Win32Wnd.cpp, which is in CtrlCore), you'll find that a window is created when you expand the drop choice.

Looking further in the code, it seems someone created a Ctrl class object and called its 'PopUp' function, which eventually calls a 'PopUpHWND' function, which itself executes (successfully) a Create().

I want to understand how this window is removed before I go too much further down this line.

I totally understand why U++ doesn't create a lot of windows (and, actually, I really applaud that), but I wish it were easier to create a sub-window. Or, perhaps it is easy, but I just don't see it yet.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon3.gif
Read Message
Previous Topic: Toolbar clears after ESC key [solved, it`s the bug in user code]
Next Topic: label text not wrapped
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed May 15 05:23:17 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02310 seconds