Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » SVN plan...
Re: SVN plan... [message #12640 is a reply to message #12428] Mon, 12 November 2007 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
".svn directories in the source tree"

I'm not sure what's so wrong with these, never really got into my way.

"automatic detection of delete/rename -> so that in the end, we have "single click" solution available (makes smart check/commit)."

a) personal preference, I personally prefer to do this manually as I often have some files in directory which are only local and shouldn't be added to repository.
In the end I can't even imagine "one click update" working for me, as sometimes I start to work on two changes in the same time, and commit them afterwards by hand as two distinctive commits, if those changes are completely independent and in different files.

b) TheIDE can on package management level do this, so the files within .upp will be automatically deleted/added into svn with next commit.

"some sort of local repository to browse at least some revisions (not necessarily all in SVN repository)."

offline usage? I don't know how to solve this one effectively (svn has no direct support for local repositories), there's some way export/import repository so doing a local ("read only") copy is possible, but it would be a standalone copy not connected with main repos and I have no idea about means of syncing to main repos (without another full export/import).

The svn is based around central server, so something like committing to local repos is not possible at all. (unless you take all the commits from local repos and redo them on the central server again = lot of hassle)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Quick and dirty solution to .icpp problem...
Next Topic: About DHCtrl and window handles...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 04:21:03 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02122 seconds