Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » SVN plan...
Re: SVN plan... [message #12645 is a reply to message #12428] Mon, 12 November 2007 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
Quote:

It would also be interesting the possibility to 'go back' to an older revision locking the repository in order to avoid unwanted updates during regression tests and, maybe, the ability to check out an arbitrary revision on a different local path, for tests purposes.

Why locking out updates, if you work with revision numbers? During tests?

Thinking about local test of different revision...

As the include paths within packages are relative to nests, this sounds a bit cumbersome inside TheIDE right now.
You can't use different package name, that would break include paths in sources.
I wonder what would happen if one would have two packages with same name in two different nests. Probably some havoc.

It looks to me like the least problematic way to go is to "clone" your current nests, disable the original ones, check out older revisions into cloned nests, rebuild all, test.
Possible to do by hand with TheIDE already now, but some additional support to clone/enable/disable nests would be maybe nice.

But I think it should be either as complete as possible to make it almost something like "single" click experience, or there's no point to adding anything and current status will do. Going only half way will not make happy less experienced users, and the more advanced users will save only couple of second or minutes, so I think it would not really improve the current situation.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Quick and dirty solution to .icpp problem...
Next Topic: About DHCtrl and window handles...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 08:23:21 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02681 seconds