Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » Applications created with U++ » Open Source Project
Re: Open Source Project [message #13149 is a reply to message #13145] Sun, 16 December 2007 19:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
nixnixnix is currently offline  nixnixnix
Thanks for the feedback and you have it exactly right. We expect people to hear about it through the industry as we will be making a lot of effort to publicize it over the coming year at various wind energy industry events. Also, there are lots of academic and government sponsored researchers who we feel would welcome the opportunity to contribute to best practices in the way that wind energy is assessed. This is in addition to other consultancies who we already know would welcome the chance to be able to add their own code.

I don't expect or want it to appeal to everyone and I wasn't recruiting here. I was merely saying that this app is built entirely with UPP and will hopefully change the industry it is intended for. I realise that UPP does not have a large base but that Mirek and others do want to promote UPP and thats why I decided to add this context. A UPP project like this is very easy to contribute to as the IDE is free and very user-friendly. Also, if I do my job right, contributors can code fairly generic C++ code to slot their expertise into our framework. People who want to contribute will probably want to get into UPP.

I hadn't noticed anyone making open source apps with UPP so I thought I would trumpet mine Smile

Nick

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Scrum Tool
Next Topic: Google Translator
Goto Forum: