Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » High Performance Drawing
Re: High Performance Drawing [message #13705 is a reply to message #13703] Wed, 23 January 2008 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
luzr wrote on Wed, 23 January 2008 17:01

Maybe I have lost the context (again?), but what is wrong with BackPaint?

Nothing wrong with BackPaint. IMO, it works just great.

But I need a GUI which is used to create quite complex images, one step at a time, including alpha-blending and antialiasing, so I'm basically stucked with using a manual backbuffer, because I need to both read and write raw pixel information. Painting that buffer is too slow.

These shapes were organized an a tree structure, and when I want to modify one of them by mouse interaction, I would deactivate the old element, redraw the image without it, and during drag operations with mouse only use a sketch of that given figure, even something as simple as RectBand (I don't remember how the rubber band rectangle from U++ was called).

Quote:

If widget is transparent, very complex code is used to paint it. Is it transparent?

Not transparent, but still excellent performance and no flicker. Like a full screen populated ArrayCtrl.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message