Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Tools or methodologies you use when developing software
Re: Tools or methodologies you use when developing software [message #13195 is a reply to message #13194] Thu, 20 December 2007 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

I tried UML too, but came to simplified version of action diagrams on scratches of paper.

Every time having some programming task, first of all I use my imagination. Pretending to be simple user, I get sheet of paper and drawing what will I see on the screen.
Yes, I start with drawing sketches of program GUI and ideas how it should behave. I start with being simple user.

Then I put these sketches to some corner of the table for day, 2 days or even week. After these days I take papers, look at the interface and start thinking what should be erased from there. Interface should be as simple as possible making program functionality most native and clear for user.

For example, I try to use 1 toggle button where most programmers use two buttons or switches - it all depends on exact situation.

Only after polishing GUI, I memorize that I`m a programmer and think of program structure that implements my exact GUI and it`s behaviour.

I do this by taking another sheet of paper and writing big program components and their dependencies. Polished that general model, I make sketches of more detailed versions of components (modules, classes).

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: What framework/toolkit have you used before U++?
Next Topic: C++ FQA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 19:34:01 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02939 seconds