Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Tools or methodologies you use when developing software
Re: Tools or methodologies you use when developing software [message #13220 is a reply to message #13194] Sun, 23 December 2007 13:32 Go to previous message
tvanriper is currently offline  tvanriper
I rarely-to-never have time to get into huge UML sessions or worry about Rational Rose and so on.

I might spend a little time on the whiteboard (since much of what I do involves communicating across various forms of hardware), working out the component design so I know what to program, but once I get programming, I see everything in my head.

I have a tendency to program both from the bottom up and from the top down. Eventually, the code meets somewhere in the middle.

Experience has taught that if I only go from the bottom up, I wind up with a butt-ugly GUI that few people can use. If I only go from the top-down, I wind up with a crappy design that I cannot extend later. Working both ways, I wind up creating a glue-layer between the two, and everything works well.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: What framework/toolkit have you used before U++?
Next Topic: C++ FQA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 17:46:41 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02932 seconds