FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » A couple of issues with a test app
A couple of issues with a test app [message #13410] Fri, 04 January 2008 15:51 Go to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
Hi!

I started to create a test app for a small Kanji flash-card program, and right now I'm at the phase where I need to load some XML, save them as some other format that is a lot smaller and saves space, and then implement the flash card interface.

But I have tree issues:

1. During loading the huge XML, the occupied memory grows to over 150MB, and after storing just a fraction of the data in a column list, the memory is not freed. Since I'm not doing manual memory managment, I don't know why it isn't freed. It is not freed even if I call Clear on the list (which it shouldn't, because the list should have no way to take up such amounts of memory), which leads me to the second issue.

2. When I call clear on the list, the scrollbar doesn't disappear, and it retains it's scroll interval.

3. Trying to execute the app in release mode, leads to a lock up under TheIDE and an ugly crash under normal executuion (WinXP, MINGW). The log file contains:
Tag/end-tag mismatch: <1066> </dic_number>

Maybe there is a mismatch in this freakin' huge XML (and I'll need to parse even a bigger one), but why does this crash my app, and if it has a good reason to do so, why doesn't it crash or act strangely in DEBUG mode.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: operator< for container sorting (small confusion)
Next Topic: Rect_ operators overloading suggestion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 03:08:28 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02042 seconds