Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » How to catch and overwrite child control event?
How to catch and overwrite child control event? [message #13673] Mon, 21 January 2008 01:39 Go to previous message
kompotFX is currently offline  kompotFX
Promising Member
Hi,

I'm new in upp. The "not-well-documented" documentation can't help me so much in my simple task.

What I want:
I want to make port for short tool (I wrote in MFC some time ago) in order to use it on linux. I made a choice to use upp bcs it seems to be very simple, straight forward.
The main functionality I try to achieve is to catch DocEdit control key input events (child control of my dialog) and modify them. E.g. when user types "A", it appear as "B", "a" -> "b" etc. So, basically tool must make key filtering and convertion.
In MFC it was done very simple - all key events to child was modified by parent wnd by using PreTranslateMessage event.
In upp I tried use method Key(dword key, int count) of dialog - but no effect. The key user pressed was forwarded to control.
For myDocEdit <<= THISBACK(ModifyKey); - same thing Sad
I tried also derrive my own control from DocEdit - compiler returns an error from lay file:
error: 'MyClassX' does not name a type
In function 'void InitLayout(Upp::Ctrl&, L&, D&, MyAppLayout__layid&)...etc

What to do?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: BUG in UVS2 2384 release
Next Topic: Bug in UVS2 2399 release
Goto Forum: