Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Arjun Bijanki: Making Sense of VC Intellisense
Re: Arjun Bijanki: Making Sense of VC Intellisense [message #13942 is a reply to message #13938] Sat, 02 February 2008 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
mr_ped wrote on Fri, 01 February 2008 20:54

Still I wonder when we will see finally some full featured powerful IDE based on the full DB concept, and I mean not only simulating classic sourcefiles by storing code both in DB and producing files, but finally baning source files completely (let them survive in "Export sources") and using interactive pre-compilation of code not only to generate browser info, but also to produce real-time interactive statistics about performance, results for test parameters, etc... And producing full binary only on Run request with using precompiled pieces of stuff...... ... ...

Well, I was thinking about it too and I even believe that this is what IBM environment does.... Still I am afraid this idea somewhat kills some C++ features which make it so appealing language. E.g. how .iml / .lay concepts fit into this image?

I know, these things could be integrated, but the C++ magic is that any application can develop something similar to cover its problem domain. This is what makes C++ flexible.

Therefore I am afraid that in order to preserve these favorable things, we will have to find the right degree of symbiosis between classical sources and "class" database access...

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: an interesting C++ compiler (supports C++0x)
Next Topic: Nokia has bought Trolltech with it's QT framework
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 04:59:55 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01846 seconds