FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Webtoolkit
Re: Webtoolkit [message #14336 is a reply to message #14318] Fri, 22 February 2008 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
I'm certainly interested into these things too.

But I'm not sure I would like to see U++ custom web server, I mean I would prefer something well used, robust and powerful, like apache for example.

That mixed with TheIDE support and some easy way how to run C++ modules (or some easy tutorial) would really made my day.

And thinking about some common classes for parsing GET/POST variables (especially to handle the security aspect of these things easily and almost in fool-proof way, so you don't have to think about security checks every time you need some GET variable from user) makes me excited even more.

I wonder if the WT is the only existing solution.
Actually I have strong suspicions that to write a c++ module for apache is definitely possible and probably encouraged, if you know apache well enough... but my knowledge about apache is on "using it" level only, did some local installations of it too, but never really bothered to take a look how it works.

Maybe all we need is some good tutorial how to set up existing technologies to work together with U++, and couple of simple U++ - like classes for making parsing and HTML output easy.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message