FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Webtoolkit
Re: Webtoolkit [message #14373 is a reply to message #14369] Sun, 24 February 2008 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
mr_ped wrote on Sat, 23 February 2008 20:38

"Check The C10K problem document."

Thank you, it gave me lot of new information. Unfortunately it just made me sure I don't want to code my own web server at all.
I would prefer to get all those "handle 10k clients in 200 threads" for granted from somebody else, and focus only on the application itself. Smile

Actually, Apache is not much of help here. If you want or need to store or cache state info in memory (and you want if you want to be fast), you will need those threads anyway.

Quote:

Of course your point about debugging the application directly in TheIDE is correct. So in ideal world ... what about producing an apache (or other powerful web server) module in TheIDE and having the option to quickly to connect it on custom U++ web server with same API?

Yep. This is how existing Web infrastructure works, albeit not for Apache (but Win32 ISAPI) - they can run as standalone http server or as ISAPI module, based on commandline parameter. In fact, this part is relatively easy...

Quote:

So far I think I should rather look how to mix PHP and C++ in efficient and simple manner, that would suite my taste much more (and hopefully my needs too).

It is easy to do PHP style programming in C++. After all, HTML is just text and we have String, do not we? Smile

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message