Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » OS Problems etc., Win32, POSIX, MacOS, FreeBSD, X11 etc » U++ heap Leak errors on Linux (Kubuntu)
Re: U++ heap Leak errors on Linux (Kubuntu) [message #14510 is a reply to message #14507] Wed, 27 February 2008 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Quote:

Gtk theming doesn't work, when statically linked. Since that is all upp uses Gtk for, it is not only difficult to do, but also pointless Very Happy
Maybe the ide could be more helpful here. Quite a lot of build options a beginner is easily lost in, at least on the X11 side.

Smile Yes you are right but here the main problem is not gtk or theming. Those attempts were to eliminate the "heap leak" problem.

As I stated in the first topic, When I don't compile with NOGTK macro, ANY application I compile with U++ works and "looks" well until the program is terminated. But when I terminate them, (ANY U++ app, not only those I wrote) they just give "heap leak" error (even theIDE itself, that's why you see theIDE in the screenshot without theming), and that "heap leak" is quite deadly, since almost always it leads to a deadlock after a while. I've tried to backtrace the problem but couldn't arrive any result yet. But one thing is for sure: that the problem lies between U++ core and the OS itself (whether the X server or KDE, I'm not sure).

[Updated on: Wed, 27 February 2008 23:41]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Latest Linux distrib
Next Topic: cross compile from win32 to Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 12:48:59 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03097 seconds