Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » An idea for improved documentation
An idea for improved documentation [message #14600] Tue, 04 March 2008 14:09 Go to previous message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
After some time spent in Upp coding, I realized that the most of time I spend is trying to find what undocumented stuffs do, or even worse, to recode stuffs that are already present in Upp but not documented.
So, I got a small idea about setting up a sort of doc svn site with public write access, so everyone could improve the docs while using Upp.
For me it would be no cost to update docs while I use code, and that would be confortable to have it handy on succesful uses, instead of having (as for now...) some flying pieces of paper with hand annotations!
The best, IMHO, would be to setup an HTML tree with just all classes, functions headers and so, put on a svn server and hope (-:)) that people using it will update it with explanations, hints, samples and caveats.
The first step could be done automatically, scanning the source three. I think that all that could then be converted in upp-style docs, and even on .chm for windows users.
What do you think about ?

Max

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message