FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » External resources » XVT comparison missing
Re: XVT comparison missing [message #14868 is a reply to message #14867] Tue, 18 March 2008 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
I think that any comparison can not harm (as long it does not distract from priorities Smile). If you have 18 years experience and a lot, your product probable is a viable solution for certain needs, even though is not one of the "bigger" players out there (I have never heard of it before too). So I gave a little look to the website.

Unfortunately, your website does not offer a lot of information beyond the basics. It is hard to form an opinion or to get meaningful information from it. I does not contain IMO anything that hooks you right from the start (as I saw on the U++ page on wikipedia when I started using it). Also the downloads page is a little confusing, without any link to register. I have to click Trial Versions first, and probably after registering, one can download. There also don't seem to be any documentation or tutorials to see the capabilities of the framework.

So the only information that is accessible is the two sample projects with their screenshot. I didn't look over the C sample, but the C++ doesn't look that bad. It certainly is a lot cleaner than MFC for example. But is also quite verbose. And that little switch is sure to not attract a lot of fans around here. Since I did not download it yet, I can not comment upon the code generators and their effectiveness.

I'll try to download it and give a more educated opinion in the near future, but I think I can assume safely that these two products were designed with very different goals in mind.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message