Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Libraries and TheIDE: i18n, Unicode and Internationalization » CJK source code comment
Re: CJK source code comment [message #15597 is a reply to message #15057] Wed, 30 April 2008 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mobilehunter is currently offline  mobilehunter
luzr wrote on Thu, 27 March 2008 22:38

Then the problem is fonts. AFAIK, "predefined" linux fonts do not contain CJK glyphs. In fact, they do not usually contain even anything else than ISO8859-1, but U++ goes over this limitation somewhat by synthetising characters in unicode range 256-512...

Frankly, I am not 100% sure what to do with it. I guess we will need to pull CJK from other fonts than those predefined I guess (but at what priority?).

BTW, speaking about it, what is the notion of font for CJK? I have noticed that for the limited number of fonts that support CJK on Win32, all glyps look basically the same, just the density is somewhat altered... (if this is the case, I could probably just use some "default CJK" font for missing glyphs or something like that..).

Mirek

I know nothing too about this, i just try to fill something missing.

I tried to enumerate all fonts, and print japanese text using those fonts. Some of the font which able to print japanese are "kochi mincho" and "kochi gothic".

Is there any algorithm to select this font automatically if we use Draw::DrawText function?

Another one, which part of UPP codes do characters synthetising?

Thanks

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Unicode input in Windows (not IME)
Next Topic: Korean text in .t file opened in the IDE does not display properly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 15:35:37 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05026 seconds