Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ MT-multithreading and servers » About U++ plugin/port of Webkit
About U++ plugin/port of Webkit [message #16522] Sun, 22 June 2008 13:01 Go to previous message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hi,

Since Mirek suggested a WebKit port/plugin for U++, I was considering to work on the issue. IMO, an embedded and easy to use web browser/DOM viewer interface will enhance the scope of U++ and increase the popularity of U++. I've already examined the Webkit source and docs. I got the general picture of what to do. As far as I can see, the best documentation about the subject is WebKit Objective-C Programming Guide at Apple's Web Site:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/Di splayWebContent/DisplayWebContent.html

This is a comprehensive document, and probably will be my primary guideline.

But, although I've started this project personally, it is going to be public soon (after I create a barebone/scaffolding). therefore, Imho, It should be developed by a "group" or a "party" of developers (since it is going to be a huge project Shocked ) and so it should be in "traditional U++ style" and before I start any coding, I need your suggestions and advices, and possible "roadmaps". Only then I will open a Bazaar topic and a SVN.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Regards.

[Updated on: Sun, 22 June 2008 13:49]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: sMutexLock implementation
Next Topic: downloading file help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 09:30:40 CEST 2024