Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » U++ infrastructure server...
Re: U++ infrastructure server... [message #16747 is a reply to message #16746] Wed, 09 July 2008 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
captainc is currently offline  captainc
Experienced Member
While I'm not an official Upp developer, I suggest the use of VMs. I have built Upp and Upp apps with great success using Windows XP in a VirtualBox VM with Ubuntu as the Host. Compilation speeds are close to native. The only snag is that the VM only allows for using a single core per operating system. Other VMs might be able to take advantage of multi-core processors. In any case, this won't be an issue if you have multiple VMs running, which would then be able to utilize the dual-core processor.

VirtualBox has the fastest VM solution I have seen when using a UI. It beats the pants off of VMWare for this, but I believe a Xen like solution would be best if you didn't use the desktop UI capabilities.

On a final note, I have Vista 64-bit running on one machine and a 20mbit/5mbit internet connection. I would not be opposed to setting something up if you require a build for Vista 64 platform.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Documentation and Topic++
Next Topic: Assist++ future
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 09:52:10 CEST 2024