Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Win32 UPP console application profiling? Some free easy to use tools, anyone?
Re: Win32 UPP console application profiling? Some free easy to use tools, anyone? [message #17149 is a reply to message #17140] Thu, 31 July 2008 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
Mirek: that's exactly what will not work for me. I have one big processing functions which eats 100% of CPU, and I know why/how, and there's no direct bottleneck in it (or other way around, everything in it is bottleneck). So I'm not looking into searching for bottleneck, but to tune little parts one by one, and to know where to start I would like overall view.

Novo: thanks for advice, I'm sort of looking at valgrind(+proper modules) too, but unfortunately right now I don't have linux distribution at my notebook (and last time I tried to install my favorite Kubuntu it had some problems with HW), where I spend half of my development time, so I will check it later. Wink

Anyway, I did find something called "Shiny" http://sourceforge.net/projects/shinyprofiler (it has similar license to U++), which does require putting something into your code (so it very likely breaks inlining and other optimizations), so it's similar to RTIMING, yet there's the ready to use std::ostream text output, so it does save you some "LOG << this is result" work when compared to RTIMING.
Now I see I did download official zip which is a bit behind current SVN, but after tiny fixes/changes it works for me, and I don't want to spend more time with it now.

I'm adding my UPP packages if anyone is interested (I did put them into upp/bazaar at my HDD, as I'm using the UnitTest++ package from it too). But I don't think it is ready to be included with UPP in next versions.

If anyone has spare time and is interested, feel free to examine this package, update it from SVN and make sure it works under many platforms, the license is friendly, so eventually we may add it to bazaar in future(?).

As is, it works for me with 2008.1 under WinXP with both MSC8 and MINGW.
  • Attachment: ShinyUPP.7z
    (Size: 11.38KB, Downloaded 293 times)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: About Linux distros and incompatibilty...
Next Topic: A Newbie Manual cum Tutorial?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 05:28:40 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06091 seconds