Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » My explaination of why Ultimate++ is not mainstream
Re: My explaination of why Ultimate++ is not mainstream [message #17429 is a reply to message #17427] Thu, 14 August 2008 18:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
captainc is currently offline  captainc
Experienced Member
Quote:

Here are two references on-line explaining most of the U++ raison for failure in main stream

Firstly, I don't think there has been failure here.
Secondly, that statement assumes that it was trying to be mainstream in the first place. To my knowledge, there hasn't been any significant effort to market U++. Marketing is huge and U++ may not be ready for mainstream. This all may be on purpose, or it may not be a primary objective at this time. These are questions for guys like Mirek to answer, and we may need to have an open discussion on it. All in all, I think U++ has grown well simply by word of mouth. And the core of the open source U++ effort has been active with the participation of the small community, constant contact with core developers, and frequent releases. I for one, check the forums multiple times per day, and I know the developers do too, as they are very quick to respond and post updates (Thanks to Mirek).

At the end of the day, it would be good to know exactly where the core development team stands as to the direction they want the project to go. If they have long-term plans for this project, and these plans are stated and known, it may ease the reluctance of potential developers to begin/continue working with U++

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message