Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » updating portage tree, questions, etc.
Re: updating portage tree, questions, etc. [message #17645 is a reply to message #17643] Sun, 24 August 2008 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
ebojd wrote on Sun, 24 August 2008 11:31

Doh... I think I found it -- line in uppsrc/ide/Export.cpp. Is that all of it?

First impressions is that it cannot be easily made into a non GUI standalone tool.

After trying to hack this for a boot strapping tool I see that it is going to take more time that I can break away for the next few weeks. I'll take another look then.

To facilitate collaboration if people are willing, what I would like to see/work-on is a bootstrapping program that generates the Makefile/project files. As a bootstrapping program is a minimal command line program which does not require any upper level Ide or GUI tools to configure or build. They typically have a series of very simple hand coded Makefile/project files for the different architectures supported. Once the bootstrapper is built, the head and ide Makefile/project files are generated and we can begin building the entire system from working Makefiles.

If this sounds good, I'm willing to help, but I will be limited in how much time I can dedicate to this project.

I see, minor misunderstanding. Different focus, I guess...

For now, what we are trying to achieve is command-line mode of theide. IMO, that almost OK for what you want to do, except the need of X11 libs being present on the system.

Longer term goal is to separate build facilities to completely non-GUI tool, "umk". But that will tak a little bit more time.

Another short term goal is to start automated nightly builds. Commandline theide is of course quite useful. We should start with ubuntu, win32 and then extent to other systems (using either chroot environment or virtualization). I guess portage can be part of it.

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message