Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » updating portage tree, questions, etc.
Re: updating portage tree, questions, etc. [message #17656 is a reply to message #17645] Sun, 24 August 2008 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ebojd is currently offline  ebojd
Experienced Member
luzr wrote on Sun, 24 August 2008 11:44

I see, minor misunderstanding. Different focus, I guess...

For now, what we are trying to achieve is command-line mode of theide. IMO, that almost OK for what you want to do, except the need of X11 libs being present on the system.

Longer term goal is to separate build facilities to completely non-GUI tool, "umk". But that will tak a little bit more time.

Another short term goal is to start automated nightly builds. Commandline theide is of course quite useful. We should start with ubuntu, win32 and then extent to other systems (using either chroot environment or virtualization). I guess portage can be part of it.

Mirek

I do not think that it is that much different than what I was thinking. If the tool does not have any gui requirements then the question I was asking is how can we build *just that tool* the first time without an entire U++ system installed or someone else generating its Makefiles.

I'm curious though why you think the X11 libs must being present on the system when building umk? If it has no gui requirements then it should be able to be built independently. If you are saying that for umk to configure the Makefiles it has to know where the x11 libs are, then that is different, and I agree.

When do you think the beta version of umk will be available?

EBo -

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message