Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » The plan....
The plan.... [message #17646] Sun, 24 August 2008 18:56 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I think it is a good time to summarize all things to be done to make U++ really great platform.

So let us start. Following list will be incomlete and perhaps messy; it is the purpose of this post and thread to create some cozy todo list (and maybe roadmap?).

First, there are infrastructure issues: Make sure svn rights work as intended, do nightly website update, nightly builds, later automated testing etc... Oh, and I forgot about backup solution too Smile

The documentation and class browser. I have done some first steps, I think next thing to do is add "code annotation" capability as the main tool, then support it with better C++ parser and finally do nice code browser.

Of course, a little bit harder part will be to actually write documentation Smile

Next "true unicode" support. That means going wchar -> int, interpreting such WStrings in Draw correctly, also font replacement in X11. Later RTL support.

Core enhancements: Add merssene twister based random to Core, 'cure' Uuid with it, find a way how to support Posix events in Win32. I believe we also need a refactored TcpSocket in Core too. LocalProcess, SysExec.

Software rendering and Draw: Finally do it... most likely based on Cairo (or cairo codebase Smile BTW, ideally, we should be able to e.g. draw PNG images WITHOUT having X11 libraries on the system. That would be perfect for www/server applications. (Speaking about it, in future, I would like to try some nice web toolkit).

OK, feel free to add to the list.

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message