Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » The plan....
Re: The plan.... [message #17817 is a reply to message #17816] Fri, 29 August 2008 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Quote:

In fact, with this window, you are watching packages from the Nests of the default TheIDE Assembly right?

Incorrect. You are seeing predefined assemblies.

Quote:

Now, lets call them "Collection","Directories" and "Packages":

I am responding to this in another thread.

Quote:

- The main title of the window become "Select main package from "Default Collection" ".
- First row title: "Directory"
- Second row title: "Packages"

Wrong.

Quote:

To clean directory listing in c:/upp. Would become:

- upp/myapps (your own packages)
- upp/exemples (training packages)
- upp/manual (documentation for learning)
- upp/source (the core: libupp, tools and plugins)

Well, I see no big advantage, but you can do this and maintain original 3 nests too. OTOH, I think the directory structure is not that relevant, once predefined assemblies are setup.

Quote:

With examples: "applications" = complete apps, "references" = small apps to demonstrate one feature, "manual" = examples from the manual.

BTW, now you suggest 2 instead of 3. In previous post you suggested 1 instead of 3 Smile

Quote:

With 3 kinds of examples in one directory, their is a need to add something else: be able to group subdir. The main window in TheIDE use symbol like "(+)" to close or open group of files. Here, the idea is for all Nests without packages but having subdir with packages to be able to open or close groups to see those sub-packages with "(+)".

Great. So we are going to go back to old tired concepts?

I agree that it is less confusing for beginners, but I am not going to sacrifice my productivity Smile

Quote:

Quote:

- What is "templates" good for?

It's where people can create of fix templates for TheIDE. It's the default TheIDE template directory. Could be in TheIDE directory though.

What is template for TheIDE?

Quote:

When you create your new application, TheIDE already asks you to choose one of them at present.

Ops. But that logically belongs to packages - and that is why all templates are related to packages. E.g. GUI project templates reside in CtrlLib, because that is the package you need for GUI.

Quote:

Another reason is to transform TheIDE into TheLinuxWindowsIDE with templates and support for many other toolkits. A tool you will want to use for any projects from DLL to .so, from Qt applications to GTK+, MFC, wxWindows.

OK. That is valid point... Current status is that such templates really are in Config directory (~/.upp/theide in linux now AFAIK).

Quote:

They could link upplib to "3rdparty" too for example.

Last idea, with 3rdparty and plugins, is to be able to link TheIDE dynamically with 3rdparty lib not in source/3rdparty but in /usr/lib.

If you are going to use .so, you do not need to provide source code at all.

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message